Using state of the art Body Scan technology, Contemporary Design Inc.® (CDI) contoured garments ensure a perfect fit that hugs every curve. Designed with the patient in mind, compression wear details encourage compliance and aids patient comfort.
- Cushioned zipper guard tape, positioned under the hook and eye closures eliminates scratching or pinching or the skin.
- Adjustable shoulder straps (when necessary) accommodate the changes in fluid accumulation during the healing process. This also aids in positioning the garment properly, as well as comfort and accurate compression.
- Garments targeting the lower portion of the body (without shoulder straps) feature a wide waistband to prevent rolling, bunching or sliding and ensure a proper fit. CDI offers a waistband of 2”, 4” or 6” (ideal for tall patients).
- A reinforced anatomically correct crotch is an essential part of compression wear design. Due to gravity’s pull, accumulated post-op fluids flow downward. Proper support to the pelvic bone is needed to reduce the possibility of edema in the genitals; our garment features a small opening in the crotch area. To prevent accidental splashing onto the garment, use a small, plastic funnel positioned close to the perineum when urinating.
- For patient comfort and minimal skin irritation, tags are located on the exterior of the garment except for breast wear.
CDI compression wear is made utilizing lightweight, open weave, self wicking, memory resilient, anti-microbial fabrics. Garments are breathable, wash and wear with quick dry time and moisture wicking. Fabrics are 100% latex and rubber free (no formaldehyde). This ensures no allergic reaction. Each garment provides consistent and continuous compression and is made to withstand stress over extended time. With fabric memory, garments return to their original shape after laundering. CDI uses a serging machine to create a flat stitch, extremely strong seam that is undetectable under outer clothing. This flat stitch eliminates tissue marking, itching and skin irritation.
Note: To prevent undo pressure on the body resulting in severe discomfort, a seam should never be located at an incision site .
Our knowledgeable Customer Care Department is happy to listen, answer your questions and provide you with superior customer service and the finest quality compression garments and healing aids. It is our desire that your relationship with Contemporary Design Inc. is long and satisfying – it is our number one priority. Give us a call. We are ready to assist both professionals and patients with questions regarding Surgical Compression Garments, Shapewear, Bras & Breast Wear, Girdles & Binders, Maternity, Men’s Wear, Compression Stockings or Recovery Aids, as well as Customization.