The Mastopexy form is a silicone patch for scars that is ideally suited for breast reduction (mammoplasty) and breast reconstruction surgery, and can be cut to size. Pairs of mastopexy forms and pairs of areola circles are sold separately.
Scar treatment using silicone sheeting is most effective after the incision or injury has healed, and sutures have been removed—usually within a month of the surgery or injury.
Contains: 1 Pair (Right and Left)
All Epi-Derm sheets can be trimmed as needed, providing maximum comfort
All Silicone Scar Treatment Products are Not Returnable.
SG-804 Silicone Strip Pair
1. Wash both hands and scar tissue site in mild soapy water. Pat dry.
2. Open the non-sterile pouch containing the Silicone Gel Sheet. Separate the corner layers of the pouch, then pull the top layer down to expose the gel sheet.
3. The gel sheet is covered on both sides by a plastic film. Remove both sides of plastic prior to use.
4. The gel sheet may be cut into smaller pieces using scissors or a scalpel. Once you have determined the appropriate size of sheeting to use, apply tacky side to the scar. The piece of gel sheeting should fully cover the scar and extend ¼ inch all the way around the scar border.
5. The exposed surface of the gel sheet may be covered with surgical tape or bandage to help hold in place and to prevent sticking to other surfaces.
Optimal wearing time for Silicone Gel Sheeting is 24 hours a day. Remove the gel sheet every 12 hours to wash both the scar and the gel sheet in mild soapy water. Using a low foaming skin cleanser, fill a basin with warm water and work up a small amount of lather with the soap. Gently wash the piece of gel sheeting in the soapy water, rinse, and let air dry. After washing, rinsing, and drying the scar site, re-apply the piece of gel sheeting. If it is not possible to wear the gel sheet for the recommended 24 hour period, a minimum of 12 hours per day is required, washing per the instructions above once in that period.
Follow this procedure each day, washing and re-applying the gel sheeting to the scar for 10 to 14 days. At that time the piece of gel sheeting will begin to lose its adhesive quality and/or may become embedded with surface dirt. When this occurs, discard the piece of gel sheeting and apply a new piece.
The overall optimal period of use is 8 to 12 weeks.
BIODERMIS warrants that reasonable care was taken in the manufacture and production of this product. Because BIODERMIS has no control over the condition over the conditions of use, patient selection, surgical procedure, post-surgical stresses, or handling of the device after it leaves our possessions, BIODERMIS does not warrant either a good effect or against an ill effect following its use. BIODERMIS shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential loss, damage or expense directly or indirectly arising from the use of this product. BIODERMIS’ sole responsibility in the event BIODERMIS determines the product was defective when shipped by BIODERMIS, shall be replacement of this product. This warranty is in lieu of and excludes all other warranties not expressly set forth herein, whether expressed or implied by operation of law or otherwise, but not limited to any implied warranties or merchantability or fitness of use.